Capstan Motor Modification With Puck (MTR-90)
MAXIMIZE PERFORMANCE with our Otari MTR-90 capstan motor modification by Athan Corp. Rebuild service for MTR-90-II & MTR-90-III.
Rebuild service includes:
- Smoother tape travel across the heads.
- High frequency tones lay down on tape without dB variation.
- Reduce component flutter from .034 to .005 @15 ips.
- Prevent improper headwear.
- Improve transport stability.
- Accurate location readings.
Athan Corporation's CAPSTAN MOTOR MODIFICATION converts the MTR-90 Audio Machine into a mastering machine by upgrading the assemblies.
Two factors occur when the component flutter is improved:
- The overall flutter of the machine drops significantly
- The transport stability is improved, due to the reduction in servo error at an average of 15%
Two factors occur when the run-out of the shaft (TIR) is improved:
- Tape travel across the heads is smoother, which also prevents improper headwear
- High frequency tones may lay down without dB variation, particularly in the upper channels
>>SHIPMENT OF YOURMOTOR TO ATHAN IS REQUIRED for this rebuild service<<
Shipping: Costs for packaging & shipping the motor to Athan Corp are separate and the customers responsibility. For the return of your motor, the customer will be charged separately by Athan Corp for packaging & shipping costs after your rebuild is complete. Contact us for more details and shipping instructions.
ATHAN P/N: ATH-90-CM
OEM P/N: KC-6B-A / KC-6E-A
*Also available, MTR-90 Idler Modification with puck. This service is listed under 'MTR-90' machine.